With several hundred locations and an 80 year history of growth, our client is the #2 retailer in their business segment. Compensation package includes bonus, long-term incentives and a robust relocation package.
Leadership & Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Manage and oversee the Omnichannel Category Management team of up to 3 Category Merchants.
- Influence cross-functional business leaders in establishing business objectives and goals specific to Omnichannel.
- Collaborate with Buying and Omnichannel teams to drive drop ship SKU and sales growth.
- Position and present products within the online store to drive traffic, conversion, and average order value.
- Partner with GMM and DMs to create effective and innovative online merchandising strategies to drive total category sales and profitability.
- Influence assortment for website to achieve online sales, merchandising margin and gross profit goals.
- Stay highly focused on current trends, opportunities, assortment, competition and merchant vision by category and apply knowledge to drive conversion growth.
- Identify unique, underdeveloped, emerging or new, products or categories, based on statistical analysis, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and web analytics.
- Partner with major external and internal vendor partners to ensure their brands are well positioned to deliver against customer and brand expectations.
Marketing & Analytics
- Partner with marketing to activate enterprise marketing plans as well as develop Omnichannel supporting campaigns to drive awareness and conversion.
- Partner with merchant group to activate all significant product launches with the necessary supporting marketing and web specific activities.
- Work with the analytics team to measure the effectiveness of all online merchandising activities and supporting marketing campaigns.
- Lead category merchandising team to use data driven business insights to address customer opportunities through site improvements.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing the online merchandising plan for a multi-channel retailer.
- Proven history of managing sales and profitability targets as well as a solid understanding how those levers impact the P&L.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Leads by example and models a passion for the business as well as demonstrates a proactive and solution orientated style.
- Excellent analytic skills and financial acumen.
- Ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations.
- Strong Excel capabilities preferred and capable of using Web Analytics platforms.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising or relevant field of study preferred
- 5+ years of work experience within the ecommerce or buying verticals.