Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Manager of Manufacturing Engineering at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Manager, Manufacturing Engineering manages a team of Manufacturing Engineering Team Leaders and Manufacturing Engineering (ME) Planners. This position is responsible for providing technical support leadership to all areas of the Winnipeg plant, and is the primary technical interface with the customers and suppliers as related to the assigned product or service. The mandate is to support all aspects of assigned products from proposal generation, through product or New Program Introduction, to manufacturing support, delivery, and continuous improvement. As such, the Manager will have complete responsibility for product and process definition and the delivered quality.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the distribution and management of departmental workload.
- Working with Area Managers, Department Supervisors, and Program Managers to establish priorities and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Initiating, reviewing and leading process improvements.
- Providing technical support to Manufacturing Operations for problem resolution, NR disposition, investigation, MRB action, and customer inquiries.
- Preparing department schedules and workloads for the purposes of establishing departmental budgets and capacity. This includes preparation of short and long term staffing needs, and hiring.
- Supporting Estimating, CNC Programming and Tool Design on new projects to establish manufacturing methods.
- Supporting Production and Quality for customer requirements ranging from FAI support to product release.
- Supervises the preparation of manufacturing plans as well as manufacturing definition including processes, bills of material, tooling requirements, NC and CMM program requirements, and procurement definitions.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in a technical field.
- A minimum of ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Sound working knowledge of internal MRB requirements.
- Experience in leading Continuous Improvement activities.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience with implementing APQP would be considered an asset.
- Good communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.