Despite today’s tough retail environment, our multi-billion dollar client is growing faster than ever! Few companies can boast the kind of performance and opportunity that you’ll find at this Fortune 500 company. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the nation, they’re a leader in their industry niche with sales and profit gains, year-after-year, and an employee bonus that’s paid out at 100% for over 6 years.
The International Transportation Manager is a key member of the Transportation leadership team responsible for developing and managing the import/export supply chain while meeting service and cost objectives. This includes origin/destination operations, managing 3rd party logistics providers, import/export trade compliance, procurement/contracting of services, and performance/financial reporting and analysis. The International Transportation Manager will proactively interface with all key functional business areas including merchants, finance, procurement, PIC, distribution and transportation to develop and manage programs to support business objectives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with merchandise buyers, vendors, and non-merchandise purchasing agents to create timely, cost-effective import/export supply chains.
- Responsible for handling the technical and operational details of international transportation-multiple modes, complex documentation, and varying customs regulations, developing distribution strategies and building relationships with logistics intermediaries.
- Serves as key contact in resolving problems inherent in moving freight long distances and holding inventory in multiple countries.
- Coordinate and direct daily logistic and treasury activities with internal staff and external companies.
- Monitor reporting requirements for adherence to company policies and compliance with US import and export trade compliance laws.
- Partners with Procurement and Carrier Administration to develop and manage RFPs for Ocean, Drayage and 3PL services.
- Manages the drayage/inland transportation process (Destination port to DC)
- Develops/provides reporting, KPIs, scorecards, invoice payment/reconciliation, contract management and visibility to the entire import process.
- Four-year degree required, supply chain/logistics degree preferred.
- Experience in import transportation/supply chain and leading and managing a successful transportation function in a retail-focused environment.
- Proven track record with progression of leadership positions in supply chain, logistics or transportation, specifically developing and managing successful import programs.
- Experience in developing best practices as it relates to import operations.
- Proven track record and success driving transportation productivity and customer service.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing high service/cost competitive import network.
- Experience establishing key performance indicator metrics to benchmark/track performance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Import/Tracking Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, communicate, and operate effectively with internal (cross-functional) as well as external partners and suppliers.
- Track record of success in people leadership, attracting, developing, and retaining industry leading talent.
- Highest personal and professional integrity; customer focused.
- Accountability for key results and deliverables.
- Confidence to manage issues in conflict; enable key stakeholders to achieve best resolution for business.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline.
- Data, process and results driven; balance of strategic and tactical.
- High energy and enthusiasm; strong leadership and communication skills.