Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources Services (12-month term).
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a 12 month fixed-term (40 hours per week) Manager, HR Services at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership in the Human Resources function. In accordance with Company strategies and directives, this position develops policies and practices, leading their implementation through departmental staff.
Essential Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Management of the HR function in the areas of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Compensation, Pension & Benefits, Disability Management, Performance Management, Employee & Labour Relations, Security (Controlled Goods/ITAR regulations), and Recruitment.
- Oversight and administration of divisional salary, pension, benefits and payroll administration.
- Ensures divisional compensation records are accurate and up to date; liaises with Senior Management to coordinate the approval of proposed compensation changes.
- Supports the delivery of divisional total rewards programs in accordance with site budgetary guidelines, policies, collective bargaining agreements and legal regulations.
Employee / Labour Relations
- Oversees employment policies in both union and non-union environments; suggests and/or delivers disciplinary action (with supervision) where appropriate; builds and manages relationships with supporting functional teams.
- Manages personnel to ensure compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs), and all areas of legal compliance (e.g. Human Rights, Employment Standards, etc.).
- Delivers Company communications related to Human Resources and Company policies, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing the divisional disability management program, ensuring compliance with all Company, contract and government regulations.
HRIS & Performance Management
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of Human Resources Systems (e.g. vacation, performance management, etc.) as required in support of ongoing continuous improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Manages and ensures compliance and completion of annual performance appraisals. Liaises and works with various levels of management to determine employees’ areas that require strengthening / improvement; in turn, creates performance improvement plans to align employees’ competencies with their position requirements.
- In accordance with Controlled Goods / ITAR regulations - Implements security policies, regulations, rules, and norms, ensuring compliance to the regulations for all employees, contractors and visitors.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
Academic: University Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources Management.
Professional Accreditations: CPHR designation is an asset.
Experience: Ten (10) years of Human Resources experience, with five (5) years in a similar / comparable position. Experience in the manufacturing sector is highly desirable.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making / Judgement
- Problem Solving
- Self-Management Skills
Abilities & Personal Attributes:
- Organizational Awareness
- Change Receptivity
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the Company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this important opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.