Title: Manager, Human Resources
Brand: SPARC (Aeropostale, Nautica, Lucky Brand)
Primary Work Location: New York, NYGeneral Summary:
The Manager, Human Resources is a key business partner who will support multiple departments within our corporate offices locations. This individual will utilize their expertise in employee relations, organizational effectiveness, talent development and retention, policy implementation and relationship management to deliver effective HR solutions ensuring employee and organizational satisfaction.Primary Position Responsibilities:
• Provide generalist and employee relations support and coaching to client groups within our corporate offices located in NY, NJ & CA.
• Respond to and resolve employee inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
• Support managers on the continued development of internal talent and structure of the organization.
• In partnership with managers and department leaders - address performance issues in a timely manner using our performance counseling process; conduct investigations as needed.
• Develop and execute strategies to support retention of employees.
• Conduct periodic touch bases with new hires and newly hired and/or promoted managers to provide support and guidance.
• Partner with the Corporate Talent Management team on the various needs and dynamics for the respective client group.
• Partner with the Learning and Development team to support various training initiatives; provide insight and understanding of training needs for the respective client group.
• Partner with the Benefits team on leave of absence administration (STD, FMLA, NYPFL etc.) for the respective client group.
• Support the development and execution of all engagement initiatives including, but not limited to, Values Month celebrations, Town Halls, organizational events, etc.
• Provide administrative support as needed for new hire orientation, temp requests, maintenance of organizational charts for respective client group and any other task that may present itself.
• Maintain an updated understanding of all HR policies, procedures and benefits; update policies and procedures when necessary.
• In partnership with VP – HR, oversee the management and tracking of all immigration matters; act as a liaison with external immigration vendor as needed.
• Act as the ambassador of the SPARC Group culture by consistently representing the core values of the organization.Position Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Organizational Psychology or a related field
• Minimum of 4 years of previous Human Resources generalist experience, preferably with a retail/fashion organization
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
• Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
• Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Creative, detail oriented and organized team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environmentClick here to apply online