Position: Manager, Group Benefits Administration
Duration: Full Time
Location: Etobicoke ON
Reporting to the VP of Group Benefit Services and IS, the Manager is responsible for managing the operations of the Department in a fast-paced environment, which is deadline oriented, process driven, and customer service sensitive. The incumbent is responsible for the department’s service and quality commitments, which includes establishing, updating, and meeting success measures. The incumbent has expert knowledge of the group benefits industry and has hands on experience in all facets of a benefits services department. The Manager works closely with staff and all other departments to ensure the smooth flow of information required in order to meet department standards, deadlines and targets.
- Leadership with the demonstrated ability to motivate, mentor, develop and reward staff.
- Manage operations of the Group Benefit Services Department. Ensure appropriate procedures are maintained and developed as required. Arrange appropriate training for staff as new processes develop. Meet with department regularly to communicate company’s strategic decisions and policy. Align department goals with company’s strategic goals.
- Team building – supports and coaches the team and ensures work is prioritized and completed according to service standards and strategic goals.
- Change Leadership - improves efficiency by identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Effectively deals with staff conflict to achieve satisfactory working relationships, including performance evaluations and career development (training) plans
- Resolve organizational and customer related issues.
- Represents the department at Management weekly meetings; maintains strong relationship with Operational Managers to improve communications and assist with change implementation.
- Assists with the preparation of the Group Benefit Services Department budget.
- Post Secondary Degree.
- 3 - 5 years progressive experience in a leadership role, with proven ability for team-building, and developing and mentoring others.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in multi employer group and pensions benefits and insurance environment required and expert knowledge of group benefits administration.
- Familiarity with various legislations such as Income Tax Act and Pension Benefit Act.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and work professionally with all contacts including management, staff, clients and vendors.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills including well developed listening skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an environment of rapid and continuous change.
- Self motivated, results oriented – takes pride in a successful team.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Proven ability to lead change and deliver process improvement.
NICE TO HAVE: