endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Works with senior management within the organization, directing the creation or review of enterprise architecture strategy to support the strategic requirements of the business. Defines strategies, specifies requirements, commissions, or conducts feasibility studies and produces strategic models for infrastructure, security and assigned business functions, that support the business needs.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the enterprise architecture components within a given domain. Takes full responsibility for the enterprise architecture technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices, ensuring they are applied correctly, and promoting consistency.
- Leads development of enterprise architectures for infrastructure, cybersecurity, and assigned business functions. Takes full responsibility for ensuring that enterprise architectures balance business and IT needs ensuring that appropriate standards are established and adhered to.
- Directs development of enterprise-wide architecture and processes, focusing on application architectures.
- Maintains awareness of technology directions.
- Produces business cases for recommended new applications of information, computing, and communications technologies, identifying the business impact of alternative strategies, the probability of satisfying business needs, the anticipated business benefits and the risks and consequences of failures
- Develop an Enterprise Architecture Framework & Roadmap(s) to drive consolidation, rationalization, and improved functionality across the information technology environment
- Work with the global infrastructure, information, and application solution architects to drive overall architectural convergence
- Provide leadership in the Infrastructure and Cybersecurity spaces
- Define improvements to the Enterprise Architecture process and procedures
- Manage Infrastructure Architecture and Standards repository documents that will provide a ready source of technical information for IT Strategy, Architecture and Project Planning
- Understand Corporate business imperatives (key aspects of business strategies)
- Works with application and infrastructure teams to ensure a healthy balance between moving to enterprise architecture standards and legacy system requirements to support overall business rate of change and budget constraints
Program and Project Governance
- Conduct architecture reviews in conjunction with solution architects to ensure adherence to published architecture strategies, standards, and policies
- Lead POC/Pilot and Technology selection projects in infrastructure and cybersecurity domains to influence IT and business unit technology directions. This may include building business case, evaluating build vs. buy solutions, and solution architecture responsibilities for POC/Pilot projects.
General IT Management
- Understanding of IT financial management, sufficient to interpret and explain key IT spending categories, trends, and opportunities to regional management
- Understanding of IT Strategy general principles and techniques
- Understanding of IT Program and Project Management as well as Application Development general principles and techniques
- Understanding of IT Operations general principles and techniques, including a basic awareness of ITIL concepts
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in a related discipline, such as Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or Business or 11+ years of relevant professional experience. Master’s degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
Minimum 7-10 years in related business, business process improvement or information technology work; manufacturing industries (automotive, aerospace, etc.) preferred. Development of IT Architecture on multiple major global applications or infrastructure projects Certifications
- Development of IT Standards used by global companies
- Cloud architecture experience a MUST, preferably with Azure
- Strong experience architecting infrastructure and cybersecurity
- Experience using IT Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, etc
- Familiarity with IT Architecture Tools such as Abacus, System Architect, Troux EA tools, etc. and modeling notations such as UML
- Demonstrated experience implementing and operating IT Architecture Governance processes
- Familiarity with general principles of Enterprise Architecture, such as approaches, patterns, metrics, and relevant industry standards
- Experience in a global manufacturing environment, desired
- DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- TOGAF or other IT Architect certifications highly desired. Other IT industry certifications (ITIL, PMP, CISA, etc.) are a plus
- SFIA v4 skill IDs most applicable include but are not limited to GOVN, IRMG, ISCO, DPRO, SCTY, INAS, CNSL, TECH, STPL (see http://www.sfia.org.uk for definitions and details)
User-oriented Process Improvement Focus
- Understands investment decision maker needs
- Develops processes with practical decision context in mind
Relationship and Team Orientation
- Works well with others
- Works easily across different functions, especially Technology, Finance and Business
- Naturally collaborates on projects and tasks; seeks input and opinions along the way
- Builds and maintains relationships with key representatives of relevant functions
- Able to lead through influence rather than control of resources
- Seeks accountability and responsibility for outcomes/results
- Displays initiative; seeks but does not wait for directions
- Applies problem solving skills to overcome obstacles
- Adapts to given situations
- Able to build consensus and resolve conflicts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Illustrates concepts clearly
- Adjusts content of written/verbal communication to the audience
- Written communications are succinct, clear and complete
- Displays professionalism, honesty, integrity, self confidence, maturity, respect and conviction
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Displays sense of urgency and persistence until goals are met
- Motivated by results of work
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.