Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
Benefits: Strivant Health offers its employees excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, 401(k), paid holidays, PTO.
Location: This position is based in our Tinley Park, IL Headquarters at 7851 West 185th St., Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477. Eventually this role may move to a hybrid remote position, once training completes.
Hours: Monday - Friday. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Status: Full Time, benefits eligible
Manager - Cash Applications - Physician Billing RCM
The Manager of Cash Applications leads Strivant Health’s cash applications practices and objections in a way to provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Manager Cash Applications performs leadership responsibilities on implementing, managing and controlling company assets and people. This includes daily management of staffing, scheduling, and work flow issues related to Strivant Health client cash posting. Includes daily monitoring of both electronic and manual posting activities, unapplied accounts, refund of unidentified monies, credit balances and reconciliations and refunds. Provides routine reporting to leadership and clients regarding cash and payment posting activities, reconciliations, and refunds.
Collaborates with other organizational leadership to design and implement workflows and department guidelines/policies. Reviews productivity reports and manages staff and Cash Applications onshore and offshore vendors to assure they maintain quality, customer service and production standards. Ensures professional, compassionate, and quality customer service is provided to clients, providers, and other Strivant Health departments.
- Along with Sr. Management, translates shared vision/big ideas into practical action plan programs – how things are supposed to be done
- Along with Sr. Management, ensures client specific plan programs meet contracted service level agreements and defines measurement accountability systems. Monitors those accountability systems
- Along with Sr. Management, develops structure and staffing levels to support the client service level agreements
- Influences culture by communicating shared vision and inspiring team to commit to department plan programs
- Defines team and individual incumbent participation expectations.
- Creates a recognition and reward program for team and individual accomplishments
- Creates a learning environment supportive of maximum productivity and quality
- Monitors individual incumbent performance along with Team Leads,
- Identifies trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conducts interviews and approves hiring selection
- Conducts performance improvement counseling
- Conducts 90-day and annual performance reviews
- Works with HR on performance improvement plans and terminations, when needed
- Builds and maintains a high performing team, while developing the next set of leaders.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, and procedures
- Develop program / process strategies and execute against such strategies.
- Manages department's human resources ensuring proper utilization of staff and positive employee relations. This includes local staff and may include staff at other Strivant locations and offshore teams.
- Oversees the following areas: payments, adjustments, and denials to customers' accounts. Check, credit card and EFT exceptions. Reconciliation of all electronic postings for applicable Payors. As well as overseeing any refunds processing.
- Maintains policy and procedure oversight with onsite and remote staff.
- Managers Cash Applications vendors to assure Strivant Health can maintain quality, customer service and production standards set forth to provide the SLA for our clients.
- Responsible for refunds to be processed in an appropriate amount of time to remain compliant
- Responds to internal departments regarding payment and/or questions/issues.
- Reconciles unidentified accounts weekly to avoid unidentified payments remaining in the account longer than 15 days.
- Performs audits to ensure that all activities from lock box, vouchers and Cashier’s Office (live checks and credit cards) are balanced.
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex electronic posting reconciliations and conducts reviews of own entry to prevent errors
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- Identifies root cause issues and effectively resolve complex misdirected payment issues; categorize error reasons and coordinate with other management or other team members to ensure process improvements are completed
- Completes reports and resolve high priority cash posting issues
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff and management.
- Effectively communicate issues to leadership, including concerns from the team, systems issues or escalated account issues. Also provides well develop solutions.
- Develops and maintains relationship with key partners both internally and externally
- Supports goal initiatives, client implementations, and client supervision.
- Focuses on increased efficiency and accuracy of department and client workflow.
- Recognizes process problems and assists in developing collaborative approaches to resolve the problematic issues. In doing so, identifies opportunities for process improvements and ways to implement improvement
- Leverage technology to automate manual aspect. Reviews/assesses and implements systems and processes within the Cash Posting Department that will improve productivity and/or financial performance.
- Drives development and application of policies and procedures around cash posting, reconciliations and refund issue escalation.
- Responds to escalated provider / client issues and identifies potential compliance issues.
- Drive performance metrics to ensure benchmark goals are met.
- Responsible for the oversight of staff schedules to insure optimal availability for provider access and client satisfaction. This includes local staff and may include staff at other Strivant locations and offshore teams.
- Administers training programs for new hires and existing staff and offshore teams. Schedules residual training, departmental meetings, client specific training and computer training.
- Meet with the team regularly to review productivity reports, disseminate client’s communications, introduce new staff, communicate company information, answer questions & comments, etc.
- Monitors attendance, paid time off, sick time and daily statistics.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all work processes, creates, sets and communicates performance plans to drive results where applicable with onshore and offshore teams.
- Provides excellent communication including communicating effectively across departments and at different levels.
- Approaches employees in an open manner, welcoming their feedback and participation.
- Administers timely, thoughtful, constructive performance improvement plans when needed and provides adequate feedback and coaching sessions
- Incumbents are required to have physical attendance onsite at a Strivant Health approved office location to perform the duties of the role by regularly interacting with managers, other staff members, & clients.
- Performs other related duties or special projects assigned by leadership as required or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of leadership experience in a healthcare revenue cycle management cash applications environment required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a physician revenue cycle management cash applications role
- Prior experience working with offshore teams, preferred
- Prior experience translating cash posting error trends into process improvements results with little supervision
- Passionate about helping others and can communicate in a direct yet empathetic manner
- Ability to influence & motivate others to take positive steps to change direction to achieve desired outcomes
- Prior supervisory experience including training, mentoring, and coaching staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to recognize need for process improvements and offer suggestions for solutions with a positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize trends
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to act as a role model for behavior for the entire department while projecting positive outlook, approachable, and professionalism
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Incumbents are required to have physical attendance onsite at a Strivant Health approved office location.
We are looking forward to reviewing your resume!
No agencies, please!
Search tags: Customer Service Rep, Patient Access, Patient Financial Rep, Scheduling Rep, Revenue Cycle, RCM, Accounts Receivables Rep, Patient Account Rep, Patient Service Rep, Account Rep, Medical Coding, Medical Credentialing, Medical Referrals, Medical Billing, Physician Billing, Hospital Billing, Patient Verification.
Job Type: Full-time