Reporting to the President & COO for a leading privately held logistics provider that generates with over 2000 logistics professionals and over 7,000,000 square feet of warehousing space. Provides services for fulfillment, transportation, warehousing, packaging, or a combination thereof. Serves as a key distributor in the mid-west primarily within the automotive, CPG, Chemical and Paper Industries. Operates in multiple facilities in in the Mid-west, with other locations in Arizona and Alabama.
The Manager, Carrier Solutions solicits, develops and helps manage the network of carriers needed to provide transportation services to their supply chain. Manages carrier bids and rates for ongoing and new business opportunities. Develop annual operating plans and long-range strategies for carrier networks. Leads telemarketing and in-person carrier sales efforts to grow business unit revenue and profitability. Expected to achieve desired revenue and profit objectives. Develop a strong internal and external network of third-party carriers (LTL, Parcel, and Truckload). Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Carrier procurement experience within transportation (5 yrs.)
- Carrier and Provider sourcing and procurement experience required
- Detailed knowledge of rates for various markets in Truckload, LTL, and Parcel services.
- Experience managing bids, recommending carrier solutions and executing contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation contracts and industry/DOT regulations. Experience in the logistics or supply chain industry preferred.
- Experience working in a LEAN environment generating process and cost improvements.
- Proven ability in team building, mentoring and growing talented individuals
- Demonstrated ability closing business and organic growth of existing accounts
- Directed the pricing proposal and contract negotiation approval process. (RFP, RFQ, RFI)
- Budget development & management experience required
- Reviewed quarterly plan (revenue targets, margin integrity, “value stream” analysis)
- Experience with various TMS/WMS required – with a focus on transportation systems
- Computer literate (Office Suite, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Education: BS or BA degree
- Residence: Walton/Florence, KY
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Strong analytical, negotiating and data gathering skills that are used to generate results
- Strong work ethic, customer service skills, and ability to work at a fast pace
- Multi-Modal (i.e. Freight Management, Freight Brokerage, Asset Based Transportation)
- Excellent written, verbal & presentation communication
- Organized & prioritizes
- Results driven
- Team player (operates through consensus)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Katelyn Reed
330.664.9400, ext.123Click here to apply online