An American steel manufacturer has an opening for a Manager, BOF & Steelmaking position
- Oversees the coordination of all production and maintenance functions within the Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF) to safely produce steel at the highest quality and lowest cost.
- Develops annual department operation plan, practices, and budgets documenting key activities and objectives in coordination with area plans.
- Coordinates the development and presentation of the business plan and reviews and approves all request for outside services and capital requests for the BOF.
- Responsible for implementing safety, quality and environmental programs within the department.
- Directs the department’s personnel actions including training, Company policy and union contract compliance.
- Prepares and develops department management team for individual advancement by evaluation potential, appraising performance both through coaching/counseling and the appraisal program and by providing opportunities for professional development.
- Prior steelmaking experience serving in management in a Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF).
- Bachelor’s degree in general management or technical field, Master’s preferred.
- Superior negotiation, interpersonal and communications skills.