Manager - Key Account Pricing
Vernon Hills IL
The Manager of Key Account Pricing will be responsible for working with the Key Account teams on creating and executing a price plan, created in line with product pricing strategies, and incorporating the dynamics of the entire portfolio of products being sold at the key account. Additionally, this role will be responsible for discount guidance, trade promotion and co-op marketing spend recommendations for these key accounts.
This position works very closely with the Sales key account team’s leadership and reports to the Director of Pricing Strategy. Our hybrid work environment includes two (2) remote days/week. The role is based in Vernon Hills, IL.
Key Account Pricing Plan Creation
- Leverage the pricing strategy created for the different product platforms, to create a Pricing Fixed Projection and Latest Forecast for the key accounts aimed at reaching / sustaining the desired profitability margin.
- Work with Sales leaders responsible for the key account to design and leverage the right pricing model for the account.
- Develop and align trade spend for promotional agreements and growth rebate programs executed for key accounts.
Price Negotiation & Execution Support
- Be a key part of the price negotiation team at the key account, driving for price change acceptance from the customer’s end by leveraging innovative negotiating strategies.
- Key account pricing review and approval within the pricing approval system (P&T system).
- Work closely and communicate frequently with Sales, Operations, and subject matter experts as needed for price increases.
- Create and share knowledge collateral to support commercial teams in pursuing price increases with customers.
- Train commercial team members on negotiation strategies and skills.
- 4-year BS degree in business or engineering with an MBA being an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience; 3+ years of management and leadership experience in Pricing and Business Strategy.
- A subject matter expert on Product Pricing or Pricing Strategy.
- Analytic and strategic thinking skills, with ability to digest complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Leader with a passion for people with the ability to exert formal and informal influence across functions.
- Passionate problem solver and creative thinker, with ability to pitch new ideas and be open to feedback.
- Dynamic and agile: Ability to think in a creative and strategic way, but be adept at delivering operationally to ensure tasks are followed through to completion. Ability to work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills, especially when multiple trade-offs are involved and faster decisions are required.
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/pain points of your customers/ stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation to effectively facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business leaders/stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning: Is proactive, forward-looking and can anticipate trends. Has vision and can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Change Management: Ability to adapt to change, anticipate future needs, is flexible, overcomes resistance to change, and demonstrates managerial courage.
- Problem Solving: Can understand and evaluate complex issues and devise and implement successful solutions. Is focused on results, can see hidden problems, and takes logical approach and probes fruitful sources for answers. Is proactive and decisive in nature.
- Communication: Has effective verbal communication and presentation skills, has effective writing abilities (clear and succinct), had executive presence, has active listening abilities, and can convey important or critical messages that have the desired effect.
- Collaboration: Identifies opportunities for shared resources, seeks partnerships, is a team player, and involves others. Builds commitment, fosters open dialogue, and supports diversity and input from all team members. Is open minded and transparent.
- Decision Making: Uses critical thinking skills, has a track record of making high quality decisions, does not hesitate when making decision, is confident, and is action oriented.
- Developing Others: Coaches others and nurtures emerging leaders. Is a keen listener, provides challenging/stretch assignments, encourages development, confronts and deals with performance issues effectively and delegates tasks effectively in order to develop others.
- Judgement: Adopts strategic, analytical and carefully weighted decision-making process in the evaluations of alternative scenarios.
- Financial Acumen: Has demonstrated financial acumen, can successfully budget and forecast, and understands cost implications of decisions.
- Integrity & Commitment: Demonstrates integrity, has commitment, shows moral courage, demonstrates emotional intelligence, is values-driven, respects the Company culture, and demonstrates responsible entrepreneurship. Has a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive PTO and benefits package.