Viewing Job - Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis [EB-1678050367]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!Manager - Financial Planning & AnalysisREPORTS TO: Director of FinanceASSIGNED TO: Finance DepartmentPosition Summary:
The Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis is a key member of the Firm’s finance team. This role is responsible for providing critical information and related analysis to be used by the Firm’s leadership to make informed strategic and operational decisions. This individual is expected to lead the day-to-day activities of the FP&A team as well as support special projects and other strategic initiatives of the firm.Essential Functions:
- Drives the Firm’s annual revenue, operating and capital budgeting process.
- Calculates distributions, draws, unit reallocation schedules for Firm partners and maintains all partner information related to the contracts.
- Prepare and analyze several reports including but not limited to: monthly financial reports, practice area reports, and payroll and overtime summaries.
- Prepares crucial Firm analyses including but not limited to: short and long term forecasts, working timekeeper analysis, lateral candidate and lateral group analyses, compensation comparisons, and any other requested analyses as requested by the senior management team and practice group leaders.
- Provides the financial information and analyses as it pertains to the associate evaluation process, partner reviews, and timekeeper compensation review and bonuses.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support the Firm’s strategic plan and other initiatives.
- Compiles law firm benchmark surveys related to financial results, benefits and compensation.
- Maintains the BI system, including regularly updating profitability data, validating the system for accuracy.
- Composes and maintains queries in all applicable reporting databases.
- Prepares materials, presentations and reports for the Executive Committee, senior leadership, and practice group leaders.
- Maintains internal controls over financial reporting and improves performance by continuously evaluating processes to streamline efficiencies.
Other key attributes candidate should possess include:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum of 8 years of financial analysis and/or financial accounting experience.
- A CPA License or MBA is preferred.
- Previous experience in the legal industry or professional services a plus.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D09
- Proven manager with the ability motivate and inspire the team; creating a positive work environment
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Orientation towards excellent customer service and the demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong work-ethic, detail-driven and a commitment to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work and develops innovative approaches and ideas.