Manager - Estimation
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Bangalore has an exciting opportunity for a Manager - Estimation Department. This position works closely with the Manufacturing Engineering, Business Development, SCM & costing team. Should be able to work hands on in the area of part estimation and should be able to manage estimation team & should have Extensive Knowledge on Aerospace Manufacturing
- Responsible for estimation of cycle time & set up time for CNC Machining (Turning, Turn Mill & 5 Axes Milling) for Estimation. Both for Aero structure & Aero Engine components.
- Total command on Aerospace raw material CNC machining, cutting parameter’s to be used for different raw materials like Aluminium, Steel, Titanium, Inconel, Plastics, Al-Ni-BR.
- Extensive Knowledge on Aerospace drawings especially on Airbus, Boeing, PWC & Collins Aerospace.
- Should have knowledge of various cutting tools & holders required for above operation. Knowledge of cutting parameters needed for Aluminum alloy’s, Titanium, Inconel is must.
- The role entails projecting the estimated cost of upcoming projects. Evaluating the current market.
- Identify and learn customer requirements for bid purposes.
- Develop an efficient RFQ management system.
- Should be able to work hands on in the area of part estimation and should be able to manage estimation team.
- Should be able to mentor estimation & costing team independently.
- Working Experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Educational Qualification: BE Mechanical /BE Aerospace/ Tool & Die Maker is desired.
- Years Of Experience (Min. & Max.): Minimum 10 years is Estimation & Costing of CNC machining preferably in Aerospace Industry
- Certification (if any): CATIA, CAD, CAM
- Knowledge of GD & T
- He/ She should have knowledge & experience of various metal cutting processes like – Turning, Milling, Drilling, boring, slitting etc.
- Knowledge of industry standards, i.e ASME Y14.5, and customer, preferably Boeing and Airbus, PWC & Collins Aerospace requirements.
- Extensive Knowledge on Aerospace Manufacturing.
- Shall have knowledge on CAM Software’s
- Should have Experience in Handling Team.
- Shall have the knowledge on 5 Axis Machine Applications/ programming.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Group Medical Insurance
- Group Accidental Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Provident Fund and Gratuity
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)