Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant
- Full Time- Permanent Contract.
- Weekdays: 08:00-16:45 Monday-Thursday, 08:00-12:30 Friday 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
Reporting to the Finance Manager of the Division with dotted line reporting to the Divisional Manager. Responsibility for P&L, BS of the division, with focus on the provision of manufacturing KPIs, cost analysis and inventory management, as well as responsibility for price files, sales and margin analysis and generally managing the financial risk of the Division.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Preparation of month end accounts – to TB, including any reporting required
- Provision of bridges and variance analyses including KPIs to support business
- Attend and support business with relevant analyses and dashboards to enable proactive risk management
- Analysis of monthly overheads and manufacturing costs and sales
- Responsible for Intercompany, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange
- Responsible for Costing/Inventory, running PPV, slow moving stock assessments and assist with Stock takes
- Monthly VAT, Intrastat, EC sales Reporting, National Stats and PAYE/NI, P11d returns
- Responsible for integrity of Balance sheet
- Preparation of forecasts and assist with Budget preparation
- Assist with Audits (Internal/External)
- Coordinating and creating procedures for the Finance tasks in line with corporate requirements
- Preparation of financial slides to support business reviews and meetings
- Support the finance manager and business manager as and when required
- Ad Hoc reports/projects as and when required
- NVQ Equivalent/A Level/Degree
- Strong IT spreadsheet skills (able to manipulate large quantities of data)
- Experience in accounts office within manufacturing environment essential
- Previous costing experience and a knowledge of integrated systems (currently EFACS)
- Very hands on approach, must demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude by being proactive
- Need to be able to drive Continuous Improvement
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- SAP knowledge desirable
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!