Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Maintenance and Production Administrator.
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To support the Maintenance and Production team with general administration and Health and Safety requirements
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Experienced Administrator
- Knowledge of raising Purchase Orders and Invoicing
- Experience of working in a similar engineering environment
- MS Office
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communication skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- IT literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solver
- Pro active approach
- Managing Machine Engineer schedules
- Collating machine breakdown hours
- Progressing orders
- Managing maintenance schedule
- Reviewing and reporting downtime trends
- Arranging sub-contractor maintenance
- Ensuring Health and Safety induction is followed by all contractors on site
- Managing short term maintenance issues
- Distribution of tasks allocated by maintenance supervisor
- Control of documents and admin duties
- Dealing with external engineers ensuring Health and Safety regulations are abided by
- Escalating late (or no show) engineers
- Ensuring all risk assessments are completed and archived
- Producing KPI’s
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by management
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!