Our client, located in the Greater Los Angeles area, has an opening for a Maintenance and Engineering Manager.
Click here to apply online
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the general guidance of the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for plant engineering and maintenance projects, storeroom operation, IT/Network operation, and capital budget plan development and execution.
- Provide leadership in support of the organizations Safety Management Process. Work closely with the EH&S Manager and other managers to assure that necessary support is given to this process.
- Support all required internal and external accounting standards. Work closely with the plant controller to ensure all purchasing, maintenance spending and engineering projects meet control standards.
- Ensures the timely repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and other facilities.
- Promotes the continual improvement of Plant Reliability, through proper support of Lean events, through capital investment and re-engineering projects that strive to offset maintenance materials inflation and to reduce plant downtime.
- Responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of all production related manufacturing equipment and processes required to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner
- Involvement in day-to-day plant manufacturing activity to ensure designed and documented processes are delivering the desired results.
- Drives improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, human interface and product quality
- Ensure new parts and optimization projects are completed by the required deadline, at reasonable cost, and with a robust process
- Ensure effective operation of the storeroom in support of the plants goals. This includes inventory / cost control and adherence to internal / external purchasing requirements.
- Ensure the plant IT/Network is effectively managed in support of the plants goals. This includes working closely with Corp. IT/Network liaisons to drive improvements and meet required internal standards.
- Through partnerships with Operations personnel, will ensure the required technical support for all critical process and product issue resolution is available for all product builds, process operations and facilities management
- Approve all tooling, either manufactured or purchased, used in assigned functional area.
- Transfer of knowledge to all levels of the organization.
- Recommends and provides leadership support for the implementation of new process improvement projects related to safety, Plant Reliability, process effectiveness, and cost utilizing improvement systems/tools such as Six Sigma, Lean and 5S.
- Develops departmental goals and strategies consistent with Plant, Corporate, and Operational goals and provides the leadership for the planning process to meet these goals.
- Provides general direction and performance requirements for use of outside contractors and service representatives as it relates to engineering efforts.
- 10 years of experience in heavy manufacturing industry with at least 5 years of supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience developing and managing capital improvement budgets and projects.
- Must understand systems, design of repeatable processes, and utilize SPC when appropriate.
- Knowledge of Machine Shop Operations, Metal Fabrication, and mechanical assembly processes
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Improvement tools and approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Problem Solving, Kanban, Process Mapping, etc.)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to function in a semi-autonomous environment.
For consideration submit resume to email@example.com