Under general supervision, maintains production and quality by ensuring the operation of machinery, consisting of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Conducts analysis, repairs and troubleshooting of electrical systems for all plant manufacturing equipment.
- Cleans, repairs, and lubricates production equipment such as autoclaves, pressure dye machines, extractors, tenter frames, etc.
- Installs and repairs electronic equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repairs motors, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, coupling and motor alignment, roller chain/sprockets alignment, conveyor systems, controls, and AC/DC drives.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on plant production equipment, power supplies, and electronic controls.
- Interprets electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts.
- Fabrication work, welding, plasma cutter, grinder, drill press.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and performance teams for suggesting methods to improve processes, efficiencies, quality, and service.
- Primarily a 1st shift position but must be flexible to provide after-hours telephone and on-site troubleshooting assistance and project support as needed.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness standards.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Certificate as a Maintenance Technician (preferred)
- Two years’ industrial maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Click here to apply online
- Able to read and interpret Blueprints, Mechanical and Electrical prints.
- Able to troubleshoot without supervision.
- Able to lift, pull, and push 50 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to understand maintenance literature.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to stand up to 7 hours a day.
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Able to use hand tolls.
- Able to climb up and down ladders frequently.
- Able to be a team player.
- Able to work under pressure.