Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
Our Client is a prominent industry leader in commercial millwork manufacturing in Giddings, Texas that has been in business for over 50 years. Giddings is a small town conveniently located in central Texas. We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated Maintenance Technician at our facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing diversified duties such as repair and troubleshooting on state-of-the-art woodworking equipment, carpentry, fabrication, performing high-quality preventative maintenance, and conducting facility repairs. They must collaborate with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues affecting safety, quality, and production efficiency. This job is ideal for someone who is a self-starter, quick on their feet, and can quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.
What you get in return is a great work culture that promotes diversity, a healthy work-life balance, company-led fun activities, performance/production bonuses, and an outstanding benefits package.
- Utilizes working knowledge and experience in electrical troubleshooting, PLCs, CNC machines, electrical schematics, control circuits, and preventive maintenance.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, mechanical drawings, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance and routine inspections on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance, sheet metal, and carpentry functions.
- Use various hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment while performing assigned tasks.
- Detect faulty operations and defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Pick up materials and supplies and make deliveries as needed.
- Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to, repairs and preventive maintenance on state-of-the-art woodworking equipment, CNC machines, packaging equipment, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, metal fabrication, dust collection systems, hand tools, and pneumatic tools.
- Perform administrative functions, including inventory management, logging completion of work in the maintenance tracking system, and minor project management as assigned.
- Works under minimal supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Possess a high school degree or GED. Associate degree in industrial maintenance, or equivalent, preferred but not required.
- Five years’ experience in industrial electrical/mechanical maintenance preferred.
- Basic skill level in multiple computer software packages, including Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and B-Suite.
- Must be able to operate and have knowledge of simple and complex heavy industrial equipment such as forklifts and scissors lifts.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following: proper use of hand/power tools, shop math, pneumatics, parts nomenclature, measurements, and fasteners.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to drive company vehicles to run errands and pick up materials or supplies.
- Must have the flexibility to work different shifts based on the job's demand.
- Excellent follow-through, judgment, and common sense. “Make it happen” attitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is highly active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Click here to apply online