Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Euravia North America, a member of the Magellan Aerospace group has a great opportunity for a Maintenance Technician. The successful incumbent will install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors and programmable controllers.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors and programmable controllers.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cable and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cable.
- Perform preventative maintenance, industrial maintenance repairs and maintaining machinery equipment, physical structures, plumbing and electrical systems.
- General maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.
- Prefer 3 years of experience as an electrician preferably in a heavy industrial or manufacturing setting. Experience working with equipment such as cranes and industrial equipment.
- Electrical/maintenance certifications a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime when required
- Must be able to work in a variety of different work environment both indoor and outdoor.
- As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)