Repairs and maintains plastic molding machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors pneumatic tools, hydraulics, conveyor systems, electrical devices and production machines and equipment. Uses hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing equipment
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Responsible for defining problem areas, conducting investigations, and implementing solutions.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production equipment and
- Replaces or repairs parts on machines such as bearings, filter, wiring, valves, gauges
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Required to participate in on-call program and may be required to work additional hours as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
Candidate must possess the skills to use a variety of common hand and power tools. Intermediate to advanced understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical properties.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Associate must be able to write routine reports and correspondence. Associate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Candidate must have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Associate must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. They employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Prefer 5 years’ experience in a related position in the manufacturing industry, with a preferred background in packaging manufacturing.
• Progressive knowledge of electrical, electronic, PLC, applications, hydraulics, schematics