endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Maintenance Technician Electrical (MTE)
- Make repairs as required in connection with their (electrical) service
- Operate equipment in conjunction with repairs and provide assistance in operation functions as necessary to keep equipment running
- May work alone, with minimal supervision and work with other Maintenance Technicians; coordinate and work in conjunction with Operating and/or Service Technicians in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate mobile equipment.
- Maintenance Technician candidates must successfully qualify on a computerized maintenance (electrical) test to be considered for this position. Upon hire, Maintenance Technician candidates will enter a craft training program consisting of classroom and on-the-job training and must successfully qualify on job-related factor tests
- Candidates must have a minimum of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited school
- In addition, must have three (3) years’ of electrical maintenance or an industrial/manufacturing environment or equivalent; or military experience; or an Associate Degree from a partner college’s Steelworker for the Future® approved program; or an Associate Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering Technology, or a related discipline
- Candidates must have three (3) years’ experience in or have completed coursework in troubleshooting/repairing electrical systems, print reading, hydraulics, pneumatics, welding/burning, pipefitting, rigging, and crane repair among others
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, be willing to work at heights, work in extreme heat and cold, must be willing to work a rotating shift that shall include weekends and holidays as well as, climb and or walk on uneven surfaces
- Excellent communication skills, be highly motivated and be willing to work in a self-directed team environment with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent work attendance record, be willing to report to work as scheduled, flexibility to work overtime as needed or directed
- Associate Degree or a certified training or apprenticeship program
Successful candidates must be willing to perform shift work, including rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays. Shift work may encompass 8, 10 or 12-hour work shifts. Willingness to work in a variety of different indoor and outdoor environments including very hot, cold, and/or noisy surroundings and at heights and catwalks including see-through metal gratings. Work environments include exposure to different types of industrial working conditions. Successful candidates will use computers for Microsoft Office and other packaged software applications.
Candidates must be willing to perform essential job duties, including lifting up to 50 pounds from ground level to chest level, successfully pass a drug screen and background check and must pass a physical exam prior to starting employment.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.