The Maintenance Technician will oversee the performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Orders and installs replacement parts for machines.
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
- Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares reports documenting work performed.
- Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
- Collaborates with product manager or plant engineer regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required.
- Makes necessary modifications and implements tests runs; confers with product manager regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Must have good working knowledge of molds and molding equipment.
· Good understanding of pumps, hydraulics, gears, sprockets, transmissions and chain driven equipment,
· Ability to operate typical machine shop equipment and tools.
· Must be capable of interpreting blueprints, and schematics.
· Must be willing and able to work with and on production equipment in a maintenance capacity when required is preferred.