endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is leading a search for a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing mechanical maintenance on processing plant equipment, requiring full craftsman skill. This position works with and assists other Maintenance - Welders and Operators in the repair of fixed plant assets including unplanned and preventative maintenance activities.
- Erect, inspect, dismantle, overhaul, clean, service, repair, adjust, test, assemble, and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Perform rebuilds of rotating equipment including setting bearings to manufacturer tolerances and performing drive train alignment using laser alignment tools.
- Understand consequences of equipment failure and repair errors. Participate in defect elimination and continuous improvement processes.
- Perform basic welding and be willing and interested in learning additional skills beyond traditional mechanic skills to become a cross-functional crafts-person.
- Operate equipment for testing purposes. Analyze mechanical failures and determine repairs.
- Safely perform basic rigging using slings, chain falls, and other common lifting devices.
- Operate drill presses, threading machines, and cut-off saws as required
- Associates Degree or 2-year technical school degree/certification or completion of an apprenticeship program. May consider equivalent experience.
- Journeyman card, certification and/or 5+ years of skilled trades mechanical maintenance work, experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial environment
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) experience; Ellipse preferred
- Understanding of shop mathematics with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and precision measuring instruments
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferably with experience in pipe materials, specifications, fittings, seals, water piping/pumping systems, compressible fluid piping/pumping systems, welding, conveying equipment, gearing/bearings/power transmission, rigging/iron working, machining procedures, tolerances, use of power/hydraulic tools, high temperature refractory clipping, and refractory
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.