endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing industrial maintenance activities to ensure safety, and environmental compliance of the plant, while setting a standard of efficiency for the processes.
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as gear boxes, motors, compressors and pumps.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment if necessary.
- Modification/installation of new and existing equipment.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Provide detailed repair reports to Maintenance Manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance on various types of industrial equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair industrial equipment.
- Perform upgrades to manufacturing equipment that supports improvements in safety, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Provide assistance to Operations team in the form of taking samples, running/monitoring equipment of the plant processes and Truck Rack.
- Interface with CMMS to read, perform and write work orders.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment and perform general housekeeping duties.
- Follow all safety guidelines regulated OSHA or other regulatory agencies.
- Perform weekly, monthly, yearly equipment checklists.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Essential Core Competencies:
- Experience with AC/DC electrical control and power circuits.
- Working knowledge of boiler, chiller and pneumatic systems.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic understanding of blueprints.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Mechanical skills required, but not limited to working with pumps, heat exchangers, valves & pipe repairs.
- Effective communication skills / willingness to get along with others.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.