The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of repair, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance related to production and engineering operations. Included is troubleshooting and repair of equipment associated with all gas manifolds and the associated facility equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Installation and/or modification of chemical processing equipment as well as the repair and troubleshooting of auxiliary equipment associated with all chemical processing equipment and other facility equipment.
- Assist in promoting safety and organization in the maintenance dept.
- Continues review and updating of Work Instructions
- Recommended PM intervals based on repair data
- Responsible for the execution of the Preventative Maintenance Program and the Monitoring and Measuring Devices Program.
- Specialize in Engineering improvement construction projects, ensuring that projects have a well-defined scope and schedule which has been reviewed by all affected parties.
- Recommend spare parts inventory levels
- Be able to write Purchase Requisitions for needed parts
- Be able to perform all component rebuilds and calibrations.
- Understand and follow the process flow within chemical processing equipment .
- Understand and perform valid leak checks
- Follow all work instructions and safety protocol
- Organize and sort information using available computer software
- Cross-train peers on approved functions
- Successfully complete all assigned training
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years hands-on experience in an equipment maintenance role preferably in chemical industry
- Gas (Pressure) system component theory and operation
- Vacuum system component theory and operation
- Able to read and construct from a P&ID or Engineering drawing
- Basic Electronic, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills
- General equipment maintenance and mechanical skills
- Tube bending skills
- Computer Knowledge in MS office and Google platform
- Must be and remain clean shaven and able to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit. Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work rotating shifts - day and/or nights
- Effective communication skills
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and sit for long periods. He/she frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls with gloved hands and climb or balance. He/she is required to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, lie on stomach or back or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to use proper equipment to move larger heavier objects. The use of a respirator is required to perform this job.
- ER Trained
- Experience using CMMS