Our client is a multi site packaging manufacturer with a 100,000 square foot manufacturing plant with mulitple processing departments. They have an immediate need for a facilities maintenance technician who could also cover in production maintenance. All candidates must have a willingness to work rotating 12 hour shifts. Excellent benefits and salary offered. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and trouble shoots to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints including PLC's**
- Safe work habits around high pressure air systems.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Click here to apply online
- Associate's degree (A. A.) Equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or High School diploma / GED; Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.