The CNC Maintenance Technician I is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing at least two types of machine equipment. This position will minimize machine downtime and unplanned breakdowns by performing preventive maintenance work, completing repairs in a timely manner, and implementing maintenance process improvements. This position will conduct safety inspections on equipment and comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work.
- Maintain and repair manufacturing equipment, processes, and systems on at least two types of CNC machines, which may include mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, or electrical.
- Perform painting, sheet metal work, welding as needed.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions, disassemble and determine extent of repairs necessary, estimate labor time, purchase or make repair parts, and conduct, test, and release repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance operations including inspecting drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, worn parts, and clean and lubricate machinery.
- Monitor safety standards and complete scheduled inspections for all machines.
- Maintain and repair the facility, which may include utility, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and masonry.
- Assist with installation of capital equipment and electrical wiring systems in a safe, timely, and competent manner.
- Maintain the electronic asset management and maintenance record keeping systems.
- Assist with completing repair project plans and project status reports, as required.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED and three ﴾3﴿ years experience in manufacturing equipment repair are required. Full working knowledge in troubleshooting and repair of two types of machines, which may include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or electrical, is required. Experience with EMaint maintenance work order system is preferred.
Must have basic math and computer skills. Ability to weld, fabricate, repair, and install equipment. Ability to learn, problem solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as a team member. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand basic English.