endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Endevis talent acquisition firm is partnering with a global manufacturing leader to find a Maintenance Team Lead The Maintenance Team Lead will oversee all aspects of the maintenance department, production lines and affiliated equipment, building and grounds. Schedule work and manpower to meet production demands., maintain the preventative maintenance system and work toward meeting or exceeding the plants safety and uptime goals. Control maintenance expenses by monitoring overtime and parts expenses weekly.
Establish and maintain mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety provide environmental security and maximize the plant’s availability, product quality, and cost effectiveness. Other primary duties include: ownership of the plant’s activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical guidance and coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.
- Plan and schedule work force efficiently for utilization of employees.
- Monitor downtime occurrences to maintain consistent operations.
- Monitor the efficiencies of the production lines, paying special attention for maintenance and mechanical trends.
- Train, motivate and direct employees to adhere to safe work methods and standard procedures to ensure efficient utilization of employees.
- Promote teamwork to achieve Company's goals and objectives
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with third party officials
- Control labor costs
- Purchase of supplies and repair parts regarding quality
- Control departmental overtime
- Monitor the machinery and equipment to ensure safety of the employees
- Assist in enforcing the plant's safety program.
- Compliance to all OSHA safety regulations and standards
- Maintaining equipment for efficient operation within maintenance budget; operating within the constraint of the union contract and USDA regulations
- Seeks continuous improvement in the Maintenance Department employees and the efficiencies of the production lines.
- Assumes full ownership of predictive and preventive maintenance activities including oil analysis, vibration analysis, engine-compressor analysis, and infrared thermography.
To be considered for the Maintenance Manager role, candidates should have;
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of previous maintenance experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs. Knowledge of Electronic and Electrical principals.
- Experienced at writing: employee appraisals/evaluations, Maintenance procedures and Job Descriptions.
- Must be computer literate.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.