Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our client’s growing team.
Some basic functions of this position include day-to-day supervision of the maintenance functions, budget, plans outages, oversees contractors, develops strategic plans for the maintenance group.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools for entire site, equipment, building and yard.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a leadership position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior production experience
- Prior supervisor experience
- Positive attitude/optimism/enthusiasm
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a history of helping your team succeed
- Creative teamwork approach to managing and problem solving
- Ability to contribute positively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, equipment programming, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Develops long term strategic plan for maintenance department
- Over sees contract labor and Tech reps, interfaces with plant engineering
- Plans work outages/major maintenance
- Establishes PM's that increase efficiency of equipment
- Develops a continuous improvement plan for reducing downtime
- Tracks expenses to a budget and works to forecast
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery
- Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts develops critical spare list
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces company policies and safety regulations, such as CMMS
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assign duties
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments