Our client, located in Columbus, Ohio area, has an immediate opening for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for 1st shift.
- Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Directs and assists in the repair, maintenance and modification of molding equipment, tooling and auxiliary equipment, including resin system and dryers.Implements an effective preventive maintenance program and ensures compliance with written plans, programs and procedures. Ensures repair work is documented.
- Recommends and institutes programs that will improve efficiency and reduce costs/scrap, while improving quality and customer service.
- Directly supervises the hourly maintenance co-workers ensuring a motivated, skilled workforce. Assess skills, writes performance reviews and recommends and/or provides training to ensure department personnel are technically competent to maintain equipment in use at the facility. Fosters an environment of employee participation and team development. Identifies employees’ concerns and seeks resolution.
- Manages the movement of molds to and from the facility and acts as the key contact person for molds at the facility.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and local safety and health, environmental, building and fire ordinances and standards not limited to lockout, haz-com, machine guarding and waste disposal. Actively participates in local safety programs and ensure maintenance team performs work in a safe manner.Actively participates in all plant audits, including GMP, HACCP, and GFSI
- Associates degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or related field (plastic focus a plus). applicable work experience in supervisory/leadership position.
- Five to seven years of industrial maintenance experience at a supervisory or managerial level preferred and extensive hands-on knowledge of injection / injection stretch blow molding maintenance.
- Requires excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems preferred (SAP is a plus)
- Must have good working knowledge of high production machinery and facilities.
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online