The Maintenance Supervisor role is based in Canada and reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. As a Maintenance Supervisor for the company you will be able to create a safe environment and plan the workday for up to 14 Millwrights. You will be able to plan, budget, and execute projects for upgrading plant equipment. You will troubleshoot and look for more efficient ways to solve equipment problems. The maintenance supervisor will work closely with other Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planners and a Reliability Engineer. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and supervises the work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment to meet production requirements.
- Oversees the work performed by maintenance crews and outside contractors as required for each job to ensure completion in a timely and quality manner.
- Manages any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to keep equipment running and minimize downtime.
- Provides development of direct reports and motivates staff resulting in a reliable and competent work force. Provides technical assistance to maintenance personnel toward expedient problem resolution.
- Execution of these specific duties will be achieved through the following:
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Dept. by communicating anticipated jobs and provides input when stores stocks need to be increased or altered, for upcoming jobs to maintain maintenance schedules
- With the Maintenance Dept. to develop work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of mechanical expenditures and procedures for equipment to meet overall plant goals.
- Prepare material and labor estimates to develop project cost estimates and plant budgets.
- Monitor the acquisition and use of materials to meet productivity and budgetary goals.
- Maintain time, work order, material, equipment and other mechanical shop records
- Determines appropriate training for employees and by evaluating their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior to maintain the necessary skills to perform their jobs.
- Plans the schedules of the staff including assigning work and overtime as required to meet maintenance needs.
- Participate in the supervisory maintenance on-call rotation program.
- Participate in the implementation of plant projects. Provide input into the design and implementation of mechanical aspects of projects to ensure tasks are able to be accomplished in a quality, cost-effective, and timely manner.
- Ensure the application of the plant’s rules of conduct, policies, and health & safety protocols during maintenance procedures to minimize injuries and lost time incidents.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts by participating in the plant’s on call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for maintenance incidents after hours and on weekends while on call and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency. Must be willing to work weekends and after hours for supervision of emergency repairs as needed.
- Ensure that Maintenance department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled.
- Complete assigned work and be in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- 5 years of mechanical repair and maintenance experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience working with heavy industrial machinery and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others with or without direct authority Knowledge or understanding of SAP preferred
- Working knowledge and technical competency in the cement manufacturing process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation, ability, and willingness to participate in the plant on-call schedule, to
troubleshoot and help address issues that arise during off-shifts and weekends
Cement & Lime