please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maintenance Supervisor position is in the Hot Line Department which provides unique capabilities to a variety of markets. These markets include the Space, Aerospace, Military Defense and General Engineering sectors.
This position is responsible for supervising activities in the Hot Line department in order to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the site.
The maintenance supervisor position is responsible for direct supervision of maintenance personnel including both mechanical and electrical craft. The position also requires limited supervision of production employees and operations. This position must lead, direct and coach employees while following EHS standards and procedures as the first priority. This position must also help meet department safety, reliability, budget and productivity goals.
- Utilize safety procedures and tools to ensure work is executed in a safe manner and EHS First standards are always met.
- Complete assigned work during the shift including safety work orders, breakdowns, PMs, and priority work orders while coordinating with the production supervisor to maintain metal flow through the department.
- Complete work orders and other required documentation, ensuring craft time is properly accounted and notifications for follow-up work is documented in the system.
- Accurately document completed and uncompleted work with an effective turnover to the following shift.
- Transparently communicate unresolved issues and difficulties to direct supervisor
- Achieve the operating and reliability results needed to meet all KPl's.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and shift work as required.
- Ensure compliance to rules governing the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Coach and counsel employees on standard operating practices and “best practices” for increased performance
Leadership And Technical Skills Requirements
- Consistently demonstrate strong commitment to EHS First Culture.
- Ability to effectively lead a crew by demonstrating transparent communication, listening skills, conflict resolution, and consistent follow up on issues in a union environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak up to all levels of the organization to ensure safe and efficient operation of the department “See Something Say Something”.
- Demonstrate the ability to improve employees’ technical skills and overall performance.
- Ability to manage and develop a Team Environment, including in a Union environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to act independently and lead crews to identify root causes and resolve issues efficiently while also recognizing the necessity to escalate the problem in a timely manner.