Reports to the Production Manager of a leading privately held food and beverage manufacturer. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall maintenance of the production, material handling, and support equipment to ensure its proper operation. This includes supervising maintenance technicians and performing maintenance activities when required to maximize planned production and minimize plant down time. Administers and makes improvement to the site Preventative Maintenance (PM) program ensuring all plant equipment and systems are running efficiently. Train mechanics in understanding the Food Safety program and SQF guidelines that apply to Maintenance. Performs and documents line checks and PM’s, non-routine maintenance including emergency repairs, removal, installation, disassembly, repair and assembly of production, material handling, waste and raw product equipment, support equipment and systems. Enforces HACCP and GMP requirements. Creates a culture that focuses on producing Safe, Quality Food. Develops and maintains a supplier control index assuring that only high quality vendors are retained and meets with vendors to discuss and resolve mechanical problems as required. Remains current with new government rules, scientific procedures and chemical regulations. Operates a forklift in a safe manner. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Food and Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing, processing and packaging (3 years)
- Supervisory Experience
- Knowledge of GMP’s, HCAAP, FSMA, safety standards (SQF) and packaging practices essential to maintenance
- Excellent Electrical and Mechanical Trouble Shooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in the plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Travel <10%
- Education: High School Diploma and WA State trade certification or BS in Engineering Technology
- Residence: Yakima, WA (relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Beverage Manufacturing
- WA State registered trade certification required (Electrician, Industrial Millwright or Stationary Engineer certification preferred).
- Continuous Improvement, lean manufacturing and/or six sigma
- Motivated, focused and accountable results driven (demonstrated above average results)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use stick welder, wire welder, tig welder, plasma torch, oxygen acetylene torch.
- Ability to recognize and name stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Ability to sharpen drill bits, chisels, and cutting tools.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personally invested in the success of the business.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Director: Deb Lucia
Food & Ingredientsdeb@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.134Click here to apply online