Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager (or other appropriate Manager), the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and up keep of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
The maintenance supervisor is responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Completes all record keeping laid out in maintenance procedures. He assists maintenance manager in assuring that the designated employees are trained in the safe operation of equipment and follows all policies and procedures of the company.
The maintenance supervisor performs the work of maintenance employees and other duties as required by management.REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reports to the Maintenance Manager and supervisors 10 Maintenance Technicians. This role is located in Franklin, Park, IL and is a 1st shift opportunity. Non-Union work environment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees.
- Inspects work for completeness.
- Assists in the completion of departmental time records and other maintenance program records.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic problems with plant equipment, utilities, and facilities.
- Performs mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic repair actions as needed or directed.
- Participates in plant or department start-ups to assure safe and efficient start-ups.
- Assists in specifying and ordering repair parts as needed.
- Participates in the performance and monitoring of preventive maintenance measures.
- Trains personnel to safely and properly operate equipment through instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
- Uses verbal and written communication and disciplinary measures, if needed, to enforce safe and proper operation of equipment and enforcement of company policy within department.
- Trains personnel on how to perform operator level maintenance on equipment through instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
- Uses verbal and written communication and disciplinary measures, if needed, to enforce safe and proper operator level maintenance.
- Works with representatives of USDA regulatory agency to understand when and how to make immediate or impromptu corrective actions to equipment or facilities as deemed necessary by that representative at that time.
- Works cooperatively with managers and supervisors in the accomplishment of relevant company objectives.
- Regular/Predictable Attendance: To maintain a safe and productive work environment, the company expects employees to be reliable and to be punctual in reporting for scheduled work. Absenteeism and tardiness places a burden on other employees and also affects the company’s ability to control the quality and the production of a safe and wholesale product. Abuse of the attendance policy will result in disciplinary action
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair, or a closely related area
- Two (2) years’ experience or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to efficiently diagnose electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures. Formal training in related fields will substitute on a year for year basis.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a USDA food processing setting or in other processed food product manufacturing.
- High level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High level of verbal and written English communication skills.
- Self-starting in orientation and aggressive in pace.
- Good general familiarity with industrial kitchen and food manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and able to delegate and entrust effectively.
- Ability to function in a team management setting
- Ability to train and direct personnel.
- Basic computer literacy
- Thorough familiarity with food safety and good food manufacturing practices.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive hourly salary with overtime pay eligibility and a competitive benefits package.