Company is one of the largest lime and limestone producers in North America.
Company Plant is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to effectively coordinate a team of maintenance trades people and specialists to conduct all required activities associated with maintaining the mine and plant facility. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the continued development and sustainability of Company’s Maintenance Excellence Program. The incumbent will be a key member of the plant’s leadership team and will be an important member of the Company-wide maintenance community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant is expected to be hands on and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, personnel, quality and efficiency.
- Facilitate and promote a positive working environment, and empowered team.
- Review, identify and organize training requirements to develop the skills and capabilities of the maintenance team (comprised of trades people, and various maintenance specialist’s ex: Planner/Scheduler, Reliability Specialist, Inventory Coordinator).
- Follow up with maintenance team during their assigned tasks on a regular basis to ensure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, share advice, and give positive feedback.
- Act as a technical resource and coach to maintenance team members and peers.
- Ensure long and short-term planning, scheduling and processes are effectively managed in partnership with production departments.
- Deploy personnel and resources to ensure the weekly maintenance schedule is executed effectively.
- Provide a high level of support the plant reliability program to enable short and long-term success in proactive asset management.
- Take direct control in managing emergency maintenance activities.
- Effectively manage all contractors on site performing maintenance activities (safety, work quality & performance).
- Participate in the communication and coordination between maintenance, production, management and other functional groups within Company.
- Coordinate and manage Company’s assets in accordance with our Maintenance Excellence Program to continuously improve proactive maintenance practices and ensure sustainability.
- Responsible to monitor various KPI’s to measure the effectiveness and identify improvement opportunities in the various maintenance functions.
- Communicate and work in cooperation with production personnel to ensure equipment up-time is maintained at the highest possible standards in terms of product quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Participate in maintenance budgeting and ensure maintenance costs are well managed.
- Perform “on–call” duties on rotation with the supervisory team.
- Established history of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated ability to learn, and work effectively in a team environment.
- College or University degree in a related field, or Journeyman (ex: Heavy Duty Mechanic, Millwright or Electrician), with a minimum of 5 years heavy industrial experience (maintenance, production or engineering and preferably supervisory experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High aptitude in the use of various computer software (excel, word & other MS software), experience with the use of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), able to learn new applications (training on Company specific applications will be provided).
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral), self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a high paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Competitive salary package
- Excellent benefit package including pension plan
- Wellness Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Company Rental Accommodation Available
Cement & Lime