endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
endevis is representing a Foundry in the Corning NY area, as part of a large international organization. They are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor
11-7 Shift for a 260 Union; 220,000 sq ft Iron Casting and Machining Foundry that produces Components for the Automotive Industry. IATF16949 and ISO14001 Certified. The Maintenance Supervisor
will be responsible for utilizing safely hourly mechanics, electricians, and laborers to keep the plant and plant equipment in good repair.
The Maintenance Supervisor
pay range is $70-80K base, 1 & 1/2 OT after 45 hours plus bonus!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the quality of the end product of the department.
- Ensure that employees are following all safety procedures and have the ability to recognize problems.
- Support changing production requirements.
- Ensure accurate reporting and daily processing of Plant Maintenance Notifications and PM schedules.
- Develop areas of responsibility, including preventive maintenance, spare parts, etc.
- Maintain open communications with other maintenance supervisors, planners, managers, and production departments.
- Support and follow the daily and weekend plan supplied by the planner scheduler.
- Ensure employee's payroll is completed accurately on a daily basis.
- Learn and utilize the SAP maintenance system.
- Evaluate and assess skilled trades employees and recommend training requirements for improvement.
- Maintain a positive, caring, and supportive attitude towards all employees.
- Directly supervises 4 - 12 employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Two-year certificate from college or technical school; and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to maintain employee payroll records and submit requisitions utilizing the SAP system.Competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.