Reports to the Maintenance Manager of a leading privately held food and beverage manufacturer. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible overall function of the production, material handling, support equipment, buildings and Wastewater System to ensure its proper operation and performs maintenance activities when required to maximize plant production and minimize mechanical down time. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for training mechanics in understanding the Food Safety program and SQF guidelines that apply to Maintenance. Enforce HACCP and GMP requirements. Create a culture that focuses on producing Safe, Quality Food. Develop & maintain a maintenance prevention program to ensure all plant equipment and systems are running efficiently. Develop and maintain a supplier control index assuring that only high quality vendors are retained. Meet with vendors to discuss and resolve mechanical problems as required. Prepare for and represent company during all meetings with vendors as required. Remain current with new government rules, scientific procedures and chemical regulations. Perform and document Repair Work Orders and PM’s as scheduled or when necessary. Perform and document removal, installation, disassembly, repair and assembly of production, material handling, waste and raw product equipment, support equipment and systems when necessary. Maintains a neat and orderly work area. Operates a forklift in a safe manner. Performs non-routine maintenance activities as needed must be capable of diagnosing emergency repairs. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Food and Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing, processing and packaging (3 years)
- Supervisory Experience
- Knowledge of GMP’s, HCAAP, FSMA, safety standards (SQF) and packaging practices essential to maintenance
- Excellent Electrical and Mechanical Trouble Shooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in the plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Travel <10%
- Education: High School Diploma and mechanical certification (electrician, millwright, stationary engineer) or bachelor’s degree
- Residence: Yakima, WA (relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Beverage/juice Manufacturing
- WA State Electrician Certification
- Continuous Improvement, lean manufacturing and/or six sigma
- Motivated, focused and accountable results driven (demonstrated above average results)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use stick welder, wire welder, tig welder, plasma torch, oxygen acetylene torch.
- Ability to recognize and name stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Ability to sharpen drill bits, chisels, and cutting tools.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personally invested in the success of the business.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Director: Deb Lucia
Food & Ingredientsdeb@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.134Click here to apply online