PURPOSE: The Maintenance Supervisor will lead both mechanical and electrical maintenance techs at this recently upgraded consumer products operation in the Great Lakes region. Company is a niche / specialty producer with several other operations in the region. Looking for someone who can communicate well at all levels, opportunity to further career locally and at nearby operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the supervision of all maintenance activities for the paper mill and support facilities
- Directly Supervise the mechanical and electrical techs, Storeroom, and Reliability teams
- Training, skill development, performance management and daily supervision of the mechanical and E&I craftsmen.
- Troubleshoot problem areas, upgrading equipment, repairing breakdowns, all preventative activities, down day planning, parts ordering, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and maximizing the on-going efficient operation of the manufacturing operations, capital planning and budgeting process, and project support for the mill
- Coordinate weekend activities of the Maintenance team
- 2-year technical degree in the manufacturing, engineering, electrical field or licensed millwright journeyman or equivalent.
- Three plus years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably a paper mill).
- Hands on experience and understanding of all types of mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead a diverse team and implement improvements to help create a world class work environment.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to organize work requests and direct maintenance craftsman daily as well as plan for completion of larger scope projects and shutdowns.
Pulp & Paper