This position will be responsible for all aspects of machine repair – both hands on and technical support to other technicians (all shifts), contractor management and maintenance support to all areas of operations along with standard operating/production procedures, safety, quality control, cost, delivery, and continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Manage department maintenance technicians across all 3 shifts.
• Train and develop skills of maintenance department technicians. Assist in development of training needs and gaps
• Manage machine repair activities throughout the plant, for all shifts. (including off shift support)
• Manage contractors for all machine repair and facility activities; ensuring contractors are working safely and efficiently.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numerical controls, power supplies, drives, gages, and test equipment.
• Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Informs appropriate management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Maintains company-required maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
• Performs or assists in fabrication, preventative maintenance, and routine machine checks.
• Promotes and maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment through 5s activities and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
• This position will be predominantly assigned to the indicated shift but must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
• Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
• Communicate effectively with others at various levels using both oral and written communication skills.
• Trains Maintenance Department Staff
• Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of maintenance staff
• Participates in performance evaluations
• Handles discipline of employees as needed in accordance with company policies and procedures
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
• 5+ years of proven industrial maintenance experience required
• Previous high-volume manufacturing experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge of machine CNC controls
• Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical troubleshooting, power utilization and general facility maintenance
• Ability to run tool room equipment (lathes, mills, etc.)
• Knowledge of basic blueprint reading
• Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop conclusions
• Ability to direct and demonstrate technical repairs of failed equipment to others to ensure proper repairs are performed
• Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of personnel
• Agree to NETFORM Employee Handbook
• Ability to work under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have a positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance – Employer paid premiums (applies to HDHP medical plan, dental and vision plans – zero employee premium contribution)
• Health Savings Account – Employer Contribution (available with HDHP medical plan)
• Paid time off – Approx 14 Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation
• 401(k) 50% Employer match
• Life and Disability insurance
• Employee Referral program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous Work/Life Balance accommodations
• Benefits Eligibility from Date of Hire
Schedule and payrate:
PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL / DRUG TEST and Background Screening required.