Our client has an exciting oppurtunity for a Maintenance Supervisor here in Columbus!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and providing oversight for the maintenance team as assigned. The function is to ensure a safe and efficient execution of plant maintenance, maintain a safe and reliable facility, oversee maintenance contractors to ensure effectiveness, and achieve expectations for best-in-class maintenance performance. The function assures efficient and effective utilization of maintenance manpower, tools, and equipment. Areas of responsibility include administering the maintenance processes and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and oversight for maintenance associates and communicates with the appropriate individuals regarding personnel issues, including performance and staffing level requirements.
- Responsible for daily operations, maintenance, and repair through equipment inspections, installations, modifications, repairs, overhauls, etc.
- Actively participate and collaborate with operations and maintenance personnel in troubleshooting problems and implementing improvements, provides guidance and training as appropriate to promote proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Requisition, schedule, and provide oversight of outside contractors and suppliers of maintenance services performing work at the site.
- Provide primary input to preparing the maintenance budget, and controls spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
- Monitor key performance indicators, and supports and implements continuous improvements to the maintenance work processes in order to enhance plant availability.
- Ensure proper documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promotes a safe working environment.
- Works with other members of the production leadership team to drive improvement in plant performance (safety, output, waste and quality).
- Purchase supplies, maintain inventory, and order or replace tooling as necessary.
- Work to maintain and improve plant reliability through identifying/correcting bad actors, conducting root cause failure analyses, meeting mechanical integrity requirements, and implementing preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
- Demonstrate basic process safety knowledge as well as the ability to identify and assess risks in everyday operations, understand the protective measures and emergency responses for the unit processes and the interaction of Safety procedures. Support Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, Capital Project Reviews, and other hazard / risk assessment activities. Assure associates that support safety programs have the requisite experience/skills. Participate in safety related incident investigations and complete assigned action items in a timely manner.
- Exhibits behaviors supportive of our Values:
- Integrity and Honesty
- Manage Safety In Our Business
- Customer and Product Focused
- Be Better Every Day
- Lead By Example
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or similar field from an accredited college or university required. Equivalent years relevant experience may be considered.
- 3-5 years of industrial maintenance/engineering experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Exposure to Lean or Six Sigma (required), Green Belt or higher certification (desired)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products and CMMS programs.
- Competencies should include strong leadership and interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, communication, customer focus, entrepreneurial acting/change agent, and coaching.
- High energy to drive a team to exceed its goals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and policies for operating and safety rules.
- Be self-driven and learn as much as possible.
- Work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of GMP requirements.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy, high stress environment.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
- Standing: Long periods (a minimum of 6 hours)
- Sitting: Occasionally for short periods
- Walking: Long periods
- Bending: Occasionally
- Twisting of Spine: Occasionally
- In some cases, must be able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. regularly. The employee is required to request assistance for anything exceeding 35 pounds.
- Distance Pushing/Pulling: under 35 lbs. without assistance frequently.
- notify your supervisor or lead of any quality issues quickly
- follow your specific work instructions
- stay customer focus throughout your operation