Maintenance Supervisor Converting
PURPOSE: The Maintenance Supervisor - Converting is responsible for the leadership and management of the Converting Reliability Team (Mechanics and E&I Technicians) for the Converting area at this tissue making and converting operation in the Southeast. The Maintenance Supervisor also works closely with operations to identify issues and opportunities and to respond quickly to problems. The incumbent also works closely with Engineering and Operators for troubleshooting, maintenance, and project work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Maintenance Supervisor will place emphasis on planning/scheduling, preventative/predictive maintenance, reliability, spare part availability and stocking level optimization to optimize equipment availability, minimize unplanned downtime and equipment failures, and maintain functional buildings and grounds.
- Manage the overall day to day activities of the Reliability/Maintenance Technicians.
- Support operational goals and metrics for asset productivity, quality and safety.
- Initiates, implements and manages the plant Maintenance Work Order System and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to prioritize, plan, and schedule maintenance work efficiently
- Initiates, implements and manages the plant Stores System to ensure part availability for planned maintenance work and unplanned/emergency repairs.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, make recommendations and implements maintenance activities for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related problems.
- Works with Asset Leaders, Production Schedulers, Project Leaders, and Maintenance Engineers to properly prioritize maintenance work and ensure proper maintenance resource allocation for allotted machine downs.
- Initiates and implements programs to track, analyze and improve key maintenance metrics including asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance.
- Development and administration of the maintenance budget.
- Manages the Facility, Building and Grounds Preventative Maintenance and Service contracts for the Converting area of responsibility.
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred
- 5+ years Paper or Tissue Converting experience, or related background
- Strong knowledge of CMMS systems, work order systems and related system/software including SAP
- Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating, resource balancing
- Good working knowledge of facilities and industrial equipment and O&M requirements
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of skilled trades, equipment fabrication, electricity and electronics, mechanics, PLC’s, machine drives, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing and pipe fitting
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance and reliability improvement programs.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively lead work teams as well as work as a team member
- Organizational and prioritization skills
Pulp & Paper