Maintenance Supervisor - Utilities
PURPOSE: The Maintenance Supervisor (Utilities) is responsible for the all aspects of mechanical maintenance for the Utilities department of this large integrated paper mill in the Southeast US. International producer of various paper and packaging grades is looking to add to their maintenance team at their flagship US operation. Excellent opportunity for career development and growth within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and direct a crew in the daily mechanical maintenance requirements for the Utilities Dept; must be able to lead team in promoting safe work practices on a daily basis.
- This position is responsible for leading crew efforts to improve people and equipment effectiveness.
- Supervisor ensures the crew is well organized and their work is completed with precision.
- Coordinates mechanical maintenance activities with the operations team.
- Works with operations team to optimize reliability, costs, and production.
- Manages and effectively utilizes outside contractors and vendors.
- Works with the maintenance planner and operations team in planning and executing outages for the boilers/turbine generators/recaust areas.
- Utilizes, updates, and maintains the computerized maintenance management system.
- Assures that maintenance activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Administers company policy and procedures for the maintenance crew.
- B.S. Engineering or related education / certifications preferred
- Extensive working knowledge in Power, Recovery, and turbine generators.
- 7-10+ years Pulp and Paper or related industry experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and Excel
- Solid organizational and leadership skills
- Understanding of Reliability Engineering and tools (RCA / RCFA)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Working knowledge of maintenance cost accounting systems
- General knowledge and ability to read blueprints / drawings
Pulp & Paper