PURPOSE: The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for ensuring compliance to established safety rules/policies, customer quality and production specifications at this recycled paperboard manufacturing operation on the West coast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage outside contractors performing work for the maintenance department, including locating qualified contractors, writing purchase requests, overseeing the contractors while they are on site, and approving the completed work.
- Manage the paper machine roll budget and repairs for the mill. This includes estimating the roll costs for the year, having the rolls repaired on a timely basis to ensure we will have a roll ready when needed. Organize the monthly spend to balance in with the maintenance budget. Determine when a roll should be changed out due to wear or damage.
- Manage the Maintenance work order system.
- Approve storeroom parts reduction and obsolescence.
- CMMS training. This includes training all of the in-house contractors in the proper procedures of using the CMMS system. Training all of the new salary employees to use the system.
- Enforce safety and environmental policies and regulations.
- Special projects as business needs dictate.
- Duties may be expanded upon and additional duties may be assigned.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering preferred, consider Electrical Engineering degree
- Minimum 10yrs manufacturing experience preferred, some Paper industry experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific or technical materials; ability to effectively present information to top management and all levels of the employee population
- Strong technical background