A major American steel manufacturer is looking for a Maintenance Shops Supervisor at one of their Mid-Atlantic mills. The Maintenance Shops Supervisor will be responsible for providing work direction to hourly union employees in skilled trades plant-wide. The Shops Supervisor manages employee safety and environmental issues as well as planning maintenance activities throughout the facility.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly maintenance employees and outside contractors. Schedule and assign work throughout the plant operations.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance activities for HVAC, Mobile Equipment, Ironworkers, Pipefitters, Locomotive Repair Groups and Machine Shop.
- Implement safety goals to ensure a safe working environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Perform and assist in troubleshooting of equipment failure to determine root causes.
- Ensure equipment reliability through proper preventative maintenance techniques.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Experience in heavy manufacturing maintenance to include mechanical equipment, electronics, drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, and HVAC
- Supervisory experience in an industrial environment
- Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
- Experience in steelmaking facility