endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Maintenance Shift Manager
This first level supervisory position manages, leads and directs the maintenance hourly work force across a 24 hour operation in our Steelmaking facility. Will coordinate all maintenance activities on an assigned shift or multiple shifts within a single operations department or unit. You will be responsible for safety, housekeeping, turn operations and downturn work execution, as outlined below.
- Direct union craft employees who are responsible for maintaining operating equipment through time-based predictive and emergency action.
- Supervises completion of work assignments and follows established department plans.
- Enforce safety regulations, conduct daily safety communications, monitor monthly safety activity and conduct safety inspections as needed.
- Create, read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records and reports.
- Resolve equipment failures during scheduled shutdowns or breakdown action.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and maintenance activities within or between departments.
- Maintain spares inventory.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Responsible for personnel matters, including training, development, discipline, safety programs and policies for direct reports.
- Direct contractors as needed to support the department.
- Resolve employee problems, complaints or grievances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to read blue prints and schematics.
- Knowledge of industrial power equipment- transformers, switchgears- up to 13.8kv, DC &AC drives, including variable speed AC drives programmable logic controllers.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulic and crane systems.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
Required Experience & Education:
- Preferably (3) years of experience as a front –line maintenance supervisor in a heavy industrial environment preferably in a steelmaking facility.
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or mechanical engineering technology or a high school diploma/GED AND Craft training.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.