Steel Manufacturer has an immediate need for a Maintenance Shift Manager for their Hot Strip Mill. This individual will be responsible for supervising and directing the activities of maintenance employees in the repair and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Supervise and direct the activities of hourly bargaining unit maintenance employees.
- Participate in the safety, quality and environmental programs by conducting observations, audits and meetings.
- Identify problems, gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of prior supervisory experience
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Experience with high voltage electrical systems up to 6900V, AC/DC cranes and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in a steelmaking facility and union environment preferred
- Must be able to work rotating shifts