Maintenance Section Manager - HDGL
- Controls the daily maintenance for the Department by coordinating the activities of individual shift supervisors overseeing skilled employees on an assigned shift to perform maintenance functions within established timing, quality and cost standards.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of company standards regarding safety, quality and final specifications for departmental manufacturing processes.
- Reinforces preventive and predictive maintenance programs necessary to minimize delays in material flow.
- Determines repair requirements necessary for scheduled repairs or break-in situations
- Directs all personnel actions for both salaried and hourly subordinates including safety, training, disciplinary action, grievances and performance appraisals and coaching.
- Responsible for requesting and completing capital and expense projects needed to improve safety, quality or productivity by working with Engineering, Accounting and the Department Manager.
- Guides supervisors on union contract interpretation, compliance with company policies and adherence to safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Monitors established performance indicators including: variance reports, production reports, quality reports and injury reports.
- Advises Department Manager on safety, quality and production problems; resolves problems from knowledge gained and coordination with Department Manager, Technical Manager and Shift Managers.
- Participation in the continuous improvement processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, management, or related field, skilled trades background, and/or equivalent experience in the maintenance functions of steelmaking, metals, and manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience within a heavy manufacturing environment required
- Steelmaking/Continuous Caster maintenance experience strongly preferred
- Ability to evaluate and resolve problems, correctly focus the resources and make efficient decisions through the application of job know-how
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.