A major American steel manufacturer has an opening for a maintenance planner.
The position will be responsible for taking lead roles in planning and executing planned outages including coordinating contractors, inventory, and work orders while keeping safety, quality, and production cost at the forefront of the decision making process. The ideal candidate will have maintenance planning experience, a high level of organization, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Assume the lead role in planning, executing downturns, outages and coordination of jobs and tasks.
- Conduct meetings with contractors and Company management to review and evaluate scope of jobs, safety, pre-bids, bid reviews and interviews.
- Provide concise evaluation of present equipment and recommend changes in job orders and work methods to improve efficiency and cost.
- Evaluate work requests ensuring sufficient detail, drawing accuracy, detailed specifications and proper routing.
- Investigate and solve safety, quality, and production and cost variance problems and to provide root cause analyses and issue corrective action.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience in maintenance planning in steel or heavy manufacturing
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and provide direction to others
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience in related technical field
- Experience in steel industry or heavy manufacturing