A leading international manufacturer of high-quality steel products is currently looking for a Maintenance Planner. They will be responsible for planning all unit mechanical, electrical and/or central maintenance activities within the unit through a collaborative team effort with other plant departments. The planner is to be a leader in Oracle EAM implementation and function. The planner is committed to safety and embraces change to drive continuous improvement in the organization.
- Develops, implements and enforces plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace
- Supports Reliability Centered Maintenance Program by the use of a CMMS and effective Preventive, Predictive, Condition Based Monitoring and Run to Failure maintenance techniques
- Troubleshoots equipment and system failures, provides root cause analysis of such failures and formulates applicable solutions
- Manages the installation, maintenance and repair of plant infrastructure and utilities.
- Evaluates baseline central maintenance and utility performance metrics and provides the management team with recommendations that lead to measurable bottom line improvements in safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and cost
- Creates, edits and deletes preventive maintenance procedures
- Generates planned work activities for Unit Maintenance tasks to include parts acquisition, job planning, documentation (safety/technical) and management of activity as required
- Is a super-user for Oracle EAM activities within the unit and functions as the technical resource for others.
- Generates documentation focusing on PM's and planned work
- Leads the mechanical and/or electrical portion of maintenance planning meetings
- Determines appropriate maintenance staffing levels to accomplish maintenance task loads and the use of outside contractors as needed in conjunction with Area Maintenance Managers
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) which may include participation in the grievance process up to step 1
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current NLMK Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Two year degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field (or sufficient experience)
- Must demonstrate proficiency and technical mechanical and/or electrical understanding of Steel Process equipment
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in maintenance in an industrial environment