Major Cement Producer is seeking a Cement Plant Maintenance Planner who takes a detailed and organized approach to preventative and corrective maintenance tasks. The Maintenance Planner builds an interdepartmental partnership between Maintenance and other plant departments with the sole focus of achieving cost-effective equipment reliability excellence. The Planner works along with plant personnel to create a climate that promotes a concern for quality and precision. The Planner works directly with the Maintenance Manager to build a reliable SAP database and maintenance team, all in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies and procedures. Works with Engineering throughout major projects providing input in the area of expertise to ensure a smooth hand-over of equipment. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and coordinate the Maintenance Department to repair and maintain the equipment in a cost-effective manner which promotes optimal production and operating efficiency
- Help identify repetitive problems, troubleshoot equipment, and develop and implement solutions.
- Maintains and maximizes the utilization of the SAP system.
- Estimates, plans, schedules and analyze plant maintenance work.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the maintenance and electrical group to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, and other file material which is appropriate.
- Identifies and secures all parts and material required to complete the work
- Serve as a role model in the promotion of safety awareness throughout the plant and Company; promptly addresses safety concerns.
- Must complete all assigned work in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements (i.e., MSHA, DOT, DOL, etc.), including safety programs administered at a State or Local level as allowed by the Department of Labor. Must maintain awareness of surroundings at all times and perform their work in a safe and productive manner. In the event of a workplace incident, immediate notification to a manager as well as an incident report is required.
- Individual with a positive attitude and strong leadership characteristics who pride themselves in organizing and bringing an entire group together to work as a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical, or electrical is preferred
- Prior experience planning in an electrical or mechanical maintenance function
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in heavy manufacturing, cement plant experience preferred
- Solid understanding of preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance principles, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate others
- Demonstrated experience in project management, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, and decision making
- Strong communication skills to ensure coordination of work and completion of tasks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, and Project
- Working knowledge of SAP and CAD software preferred
PLEASE APPLY IN CONFIDENCE OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT firstname.lastname@example.org